Word Lite is a simplified and completely free version of the PlanetHoster products: The World, N0C and cPanel. Particularly popular with students in educational institutions, Word Lite favors, among other things, user learning and allows them to try it out.
In this article, after providing some general information, we will explain how to order Word Lite. We will also discuss how to interpret the data on the main page and provide summary information about creating a website with N0C WordPress.
How to Order World Lite from PlanetHoster
The approach is different for new clients than it is for existing clients.
For New Clients
To order World Lite:
- Click on the Free Subscription button.
- Choose a datacenter (France or Canada).
- Enter a domain name.
- To confirm that the domain does not already exist, search by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.
- Click on the New Client tab and fill in the registration form (make sure to remember the chosen password and/or keep it somewhere safe).
- Enter in the appropriate field the SMS code that the system has sent you to the phone number that you previously provided in the registration form:
- Click on the Send button. A success message is displayed.
For Existing Clients
If you already have an account created at PlanetHoster, the steps are similar to those described in the New Clients section, with a few differences:
- Follow steps 1 to 5 explained above.
- Click on the Already client tab:
- Enter your login information.
- Click on the Submit button.
How to Interpret the Connection Data
In the following lines, we will explain how to get your product information and how to use the login data from the main page.
Getting Product Information
- Go to https://www.planethoster.com/en/World-Lite.
- Click on the LOGIN button.
- Enter your login information.
- In your Client Area, go to MY SERVICES > My Hostings:
- The information you are looking for is provided in the Product Details section.
How to View and Change your Password
- In the My Hostings window, notice the Login Details section:
- You can see your password by clicking on the Password field:
- If you wish to change your password:
- a. Click on the pencil icon next to the Password field.
- b. Enter a new password in the New Password field.
- c. Click on the Save button.
How to connect to the N0C World Lite Panel
- Log in to your Client Area and go to MY SERVICES > My Hostings
- In the Login Details window, click on the World Panel icon:
- The World Lite panel will appear:
How to upgrade from World Lite to World
Word Lite is a sub-domain of one of PlanetHoster’s domains, so changes can be easily made if you purchase a domain later.
- To take advantage of all the benefits of The World, click on the Upgrade to The World button and follow the instructions on the screen.
By switching from World Lite to World, you receive a 50% discount on the first year. In addition, a free domain is included!
How to Cancel a World Lite Service
- If you wish to cancel a World Lite service, go to MY SERVICES > My Hostings and click on Cancel Package:
- Fill out the requested information and click on the Perform cancellation button:
How to Create a Website with N0C WordPress
Remember that N0C WordPress is a content management system that allows you to create a blog or a website in N0C.
We will briefly explain how to create a N0C WordPress website. The reader who wants to learn further can refer to the following article: https://kb.n0c.com/en/knowledge-base/using-wordpress-on-n0c/.
- In N0C World Lite, go to CMS/Applications > N0C WP.
- In the N0C WP window, click on the Create button, which opens the Create WordPress App window:
- In the ADMIN USERNAME field, set the name of the user to be the site administrator.
- Fill in the PASSWORD field and keep it somewhere safe.
- With the SITE LANGUAGE drop-down list, indicate if your site will be in French or in English.
- With the DOMAIN NAME drop-down list, choose your domain name.
- In the PATH (OPTIONAL) field, specify the name of the directory where your site files will be stored.
- In the BLOG TITLE field, indicate the name your site will have.
- In the ADMIN EMAIL field, indicate the administrator’s email address (the administrator will receive a confirmation email when the site will have been created).
- Make sure USE HTTPS is checked if you want the site to be secure.
- Click on the CREATE button when you are ready to create your site.
- Confirm that your website appears in the My WordPress websites list in the N0C WP window (you should also receive a confirmation email from the WordPress team):
- Click the Connection icon to go to the WordPress administration.
How to Use WordPress Features
The design of a website or blog requires techniques specific to the tool used. WordPress is no exception.
For detailed information on how to use WordPress for this purpose, readers can refer to the WordPress Support site at https://en.wordpress.org/support/.