You can enable or disable the web application firewall and customize its rules. It is also possible to view the firewall history of each domain.
How to View the Firewall Protection History
- Go to Security > Firewall History:
- Use the Filter by domain drop-down list to refine the search.
How to Link the WAF Protection to a Domain Name
- Go to Security > Web App Firewall (WAF):
- To link the entire protection to a domain name, simply activate WAF by clicking on the slider button under “STATUS”.
How to Remove an IP Block Caused by WAF
It is possible that you be blocked by WAF because of a connection to the mailbox with a wrong password or for another reason.
In such circumstances, you can unblock yourself via the page that appears on the screen. If you are still blocked, however, you will have to deactivate WAF to correct the situation.
How to Customize Rules
It is possible to customize the rules of WAF for each domain.
Always customize the rules first. As a last resort, you can disable all the rules, but the site becomes more vulnerable to attacks.
- Locate the domain for which you need to customize the rules:
- Click on the Edit firewall rules icon.
- Fill in the Search field if you are looking for a specific rule to customize:
- Use the slider buttons to customize the rules.
- Click on Show Subrules icon, if needed.
Meaning of the Rules
You can easily know the meaning of each rule:
- Locate the rule to be defined:
- Click on the View rule documentation icon.
- A search on “Atomicorp Product Documentation” website is automatically performed.
How to Revert to the Default Domain Configuration
- Click on the Revert to default configuration button.
- The slider buttons are automatically adjusted to the initial state.