- Go to https://mg.n0c.com/en/.
- Create a domain name specifically for your PrestaShop website (see the article Domain Management if needed).
How to Install and Configure a PrestaShop CMS
To install an online store with PrestaShop, follow these steps:
- Go to CMS/Applications > Other CMS:
- Click on the PrestaShop logo icon or on the Install icon to open this window:
- With the PROTOCOL drop-down list, select the desired secure or non-secure protocol.
- With the DOMAIN drop-down list, select the domain that you want to associate to the site.
- In the DIRECTORY field, define the name of the File Manager directory in which the CMS files should be kept.
- Fill in the ADMIN EMAIL field (the administrator will receive a confirmation e-mail when the site will have been created).
- In the ADMIN USERNAME field, enter the name of the user who will be the administrator of the site.
- Fill in the PASSWORD field. Write the password down and keep it in a safe place.
- In the SITE NAME field, enter the name that your site will have. The name has to comply with SEO standards.
- In the BACK OFFICE APPLICATION ADMIN FOLDER (OPTIONAL) field, do not use the name proposed by default. To confuse hackers, it is better to create another one.
- Click on the Install button when you are ready to create your site.
- A message is displayed to indicate that the installation is in progress:
13. The installation is complete when it appears under All Installations.
14. Verify that the administrator has received a confirmation email from Softaculous:
- Confirm that the new folder has been created in the File Manager under the Path that appears in the email (see the article N0C FileManager if needed):
How to Open a PrestaShop CMS
- Click on the ADMIN LINK of your CMS:
- Your on-line store template is displayed:
How to View the CMS Dashboard
- In the email sent to the administrator, click on the”Admin URL” link:
- Enter the administrator’s Email address and Password:
- Click on the LOG IN button.
- Confirm that the Dashboard is displayed (in English by default):
How to Configure PrestaShop in Another Language
The default language of the interface is English. To configure the interface in another language, you must first add it and then select it.
Please follow this procedure:
- In the Dashboard, go to International > Translations:
- Select the desired language from the drop-down list — in our example, Français CA (French) is selected.
- Click on the Add or update a language button:
- Click on the icon of the administrator:
- Click on the Your profile button:
- In the Edit: Administrator System window, select the display language — in this case, Français CA (French) — from the Language drop-down list:
- Click on the Save button.
- The dashboard should now appear in the desired language.
How to Configure the Online Store
PlanetHoster support is only available for CMS installation and configuration via the World Panel. Any changes made directly in the PrestaShop CMS is not supported.
You can download the PrestaShop user guide by clicking on this link: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/user-guide/26233-prestashop-17-user-guide-english-version.html.
How to Delete a PrestaShop CMS
To delete a CMS, locate the CMS to be deleted in the All Installations list and click on the Delete icon: