As a website owner, you will need to use an FTP (File Transfer Protocol). This protocole is mainly used to transfer large files from a computer to a server or from a server to a computer. FTP is used through softwares such as FileZilla that must be activated by an FTP account.
In this article, you will learn how to create your FTP account. Then, as explained in the article FTP Remote Connections, you will use FileZilla to make an FTP connexion in order to send a file on the N0C server.
Access to https://mg.n0c.com/en/.
How to Create an FTP Account
- In N0C, click on Files -> FTP Accounts:
- Click on the Create button.
- In the Create FTP account window, fill in the necessary information to create the FTP account.
- a. Enter the desired username in the EMAIL ADDRESS field and select the domain in the drop-down list.
- b. Enter a safe PASSWORD or generate one automatically. Keep it in a safe place.
- c. Enter the desired DIRECTORY you wish to point to.
- Click on the CREATE button.
- The account then appears in the FTP Accounts window, which contains each LOG IN and the PATH to its directory:
It is useful to know that the creation of many FTP accounts allows you to restrict the access to some users to a specific directory instead of all the directories in your account.
How to Search for an FTP Account
Notice the presence of the Search field, in which you can enter a keyword allowing all the accounts that contain it to be displayed in the list:
How to Change an FTP Account Password
- Click Change password next to the account:
- Enter the PASSWORD:
- Click on the SAVE button.
How to Obtain the Necessary Settings for FTP Configuration
Using an FTP, such as FileZilla for example, the following information has to be entered:
You can easily obtain this information within the FTP Accounts window.
- Click on the FTP settings icon next to the account:
- The settings are displayed under the selected account.
How to Delete an FTP Account
- Click on the Delete icon:
- Confirm deletion in the popup.
- A confirmation message is then displayed.
How to Remotely Connect to your N0C Hosting in FTP
Since the article FTP Remote Connections explains this in detail, we will not repeat it in this article.
However, take note that when you enter your username in FileZilla, you have to enter the complete e-mail address, as « email@example.com ».