In order to facilitate the management of emails, it can be convenient to receive all emails in a single interface. Therefore, once your email accounts have been created via the MG panel, it is possible to use Outlook instead of the email portal that we offer by default. In this article, we will explain how to do this.
Note: The steps assume you are using Outlook for Microsoft 365 and Outlook 2016, 2019 or 2021.
Step 1 — Note the Account Settings
First of all, take note of the password of the email account.
As explained in the paragraph How to Configure an Email Account with a Third Party Software from the article Messaging Management, the information is obtained by clicking on the Account params icon in front of the account:
You must use the SSL or TLS ports:
- IMAP incoming port (SSL): 993.
- POP3 incoming port (SSL): 995.
- SMTP outgoing port (SSL): 465.
- SMTP outgoing port (TLS): 587.
Step 2 — Identify the Account to be Added in Outlook
Click on File and on the Add Account button:
At the command prompt, enter your Email address and click on the Connect button:
Step 3 — Save Account Settings
Click on the IMAP or POP icon, as appropriate:
Protocol for IMAP
If you have chosen IMAP, you will have access to this interface:
Here you must provide the IMAP Account Settings for incoming and outgoing mail:
- Server and ports.
- Encryption method (SSL/TLS).
- Checkboxes Require logon using Secure Password Authentification (SPA) (mandatory for incoming mail and outgoing mail).
Click on the Next button and provide the Password to access the account:
Finally, click on the Connect button.
You will then get a confirmation that the account has been added, followed by a success message:
You can then click on the Done button.
Protocol for POP
If you have chosen POP, the approach is similar to IMAP, except that the interfaces differ slightly. Thus, you will have access to this interface:
You must provide the POP Account Settings there:
- Server and ports for incoming and outgoing mail.
- Checkbox This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL/TLS) (mandatory for incoming mail).
- Encryption method for outgoing mail (SSL/TLS).
- Checkbox Require logon using Secure Password Authentification (SPA) (mandatory for outgoing mail).
As with IMAP, all you have to do is provide the password and log in, so that a confirmation that the account has been added and a success message are displayed.
Step 4 — Take a Test
Go to your email interface in the MG panel and send an email to your email address. You should then receive it in Outlook.